This is what I made for dinner the other night — the sauce is so yummy!! (This particular recipe doesn’t have any bourbon in it.)
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar ( I did not have any on hand, so I used 1 tablespoon lemon juice in its place)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve over hot rice!
Recipe from food.com